Very few property owners are aware that they are responsible for the sewer line (sewer lateral) from the building to the city main. Broken, flat, bellied, offset, or root-infested sewer lines can cause sewage to back up into the house or commercial building leading to extensive property damage in the home or business. Sewer back-ups can cause thousands of dollars in property damage and loss of valuable operating time for businesses. Although insurance companies will usually pay for cleanup and restoration; repair or replacement of the line is typically excluded, which can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Standard home inspections do not cover the structural integrity or condition of sewer or septic lines. Having a sewer or septic line inspection prior to purchasing a property is a proactive and innovative approach to make an educated buying decision, plan for upcoming maintenance, budget for necessary repairs, or gain valuable purchase price negotiation, or gain a competitive edge in a saturated real estate market.
Sewer or septic line inspection can be important regardless of the age of the home (slow drains or not). There can be hidden problems you may never notice just running water or flushing the toilet. A typical home in the city would most likely have a 4″ sewer line generally running 40′-75′ or so to the city main under the street. Imagine for a moment how much water that line would hold. Most toilets are 1.6gpf. Until the lateral line is full of water, you would never notice symptoms of a problem., i.e. slow drainage, gurgling or foul odors.
So why not “spy before you buy”. You may save thousands on your new home purchase.
A Video Inspection will take the guesswork out of sewer repairs by detecting potential problems typically caused by tree roots, hard grease, improper pitch, separations & breaks.
What is provided with each sewer line inspection:
- Working from the main house trap, we will inspect the sewer line in towards the structure usually to the closest main stack or branch line. Then out towards the city sewer or septic tank.
- All inspections are recorded a saved in our Dropbox archives, which we can email the video(s) to any email address worldwide. But if you prefer we can also save a copy to a USB portable flash drive.
- Our-state-of-the-art video inspection technology provides easy viewing for our customers, with our detachable I-Pad screen which has a 30′ radius visual range, or through our mobile phone app. ~ While we are inspecting your sewer line. You can view the entire inspection from your kitchen table or easy chair.
- Our sewer line video inspection systems are in color and are also self-leveling.
- What makes us different from the rest.
We are available by appointment only. If you have any questions feel free to contact us by filling out the form on our Contact Us page.